Join our CSA to commit to local, healthy food all year long
- CSA’s are subscription plans that work better for families and farmers
- Each week we carefully cultivate and curate boxes of fresh and seasonal produce
- The 2019 season is 24 weeks long, starting in April 8th and ending in November 18th with a short break in July
- 5 pick-up locations across Raleigh and Clayton
- Full shares (pick-up every week) are $720 and Half Shares (pick-up every other week) are $360
CSA Member Benefits
Support local agriculture:
- Members and the farmers are in a partnership.
- Our farm grows Certified Naturally Grown produce
- Members in turn share in the bounty of the farm.
Enjoy seasonal eating:
- Gain the piece of mind that you are eating in season.
- Learn when vegetables are in season.
- Eat a wide variety of the vegetables at the peak of deliciousness!
Expand your knowledge of vegetables:
- We will introduce you to new vegetables once in a while.
- We have seen members discover new vegetables and fall in love with them, like the popular shishitos.
- Coupled along with recipes explore new tastes and culinary experiences!
24 Weeks of Chickadee Farms Produce
Spring Share 12 Weeks:
- April 8th-June 24th 2019
Fall Share 12 Weeks:
- September 2nd- November 18th, 2019
Full Share:Pick up a share of produce Every Week.
- Perfect for a family and those who love to cook.
Half Share: Same amount of produce as the full share, but pick up Every Other Week.
- Just the right amount of veggies if you’re new to the CSA model, are a single person, or just end up cooking a couple of nights a week.
How Pick Up Works
Market Style Pick Up:
- Your Share is on what looks like a farmer’s market table
- We offer choices with in each share this way: i.e. choose arugula or spinach
- Get Access to your Farmers at pick up!
- Jenn or Chickadee Staff are at every pick up (minus Ninja Cow Farm)
Our CSA Customers have repeatedly said our produce:
High quality produce
Addie values quality over quantity so the CSA allows her to make sure her family’s
diet is mainly fresh local produce.
- We value quality vegetables and only give you and your family the best of what we have growing each week
It lasts so long!
Emma still had perfectly good carrots a month after the CSA ended.
- We harvest your CSA produce the DAY OF or DAY BEFORE you receive you vegetables!
The flavor of your produce is amazing!
Christy said our farm grew the most flavorful produce she had ever tasted! (Wow! Thanks Christy!)
How to Use Your CSA Share:
CSA is a drastically new way of eating for most of our members
But don’t worry, we offer SUPPORT
Each week receive a CSA newsletter
- Our CSA “Masters” use the newsletter to plan their meals for the week and then go grocery shopping to fill in the gaps
- Renew your connection to the farm with a peek into Farm Life each week
- Utilize Tip and Tricks for using, storing, freezing, etc. your produce for less food waste and to make your share go farther
Join a like minded community of your fellow CSA members to
- Trade recipes
- Ask Questions (Uh, what do I do with Kohlrabi?)
- Feel Supported by a group of people eating the same thing you are each week
- Get exclusive training for using your CSA share
Add Ons: Optional Supplements to your CSA Share
Egg Share Pricing
(Per 12 week Season):
Full Share- 12 weeks: $72
Half Share- 6 weeks: $36
Limited Supply, These go FAST!
We are so happy to have a partnership with our on farm Beekeeper, Alice Hinman!
- We will open up sales of Alice’s honey a couple of times through out the CSA so keep your eyes peeled!
Let me tell you first hand, her honey is amazing.
She is only offering it through OUR CSA!
“To learn more about Alice and her non-profit Apiopolis or become a hive sponsor please visit apiopolis.org.”
Pricing: Making CSA Work for Everyone
We offer two options to make CSA a bit easier financially
#1 Payment Plans:
- We know that putting a big chunk of money down for a CSA is a lot for families.
- This is why we offer payment plans.
Your payment in full is important to us but we also have the flexibility to work with your family and come up with a payment plan.
#2 Worker Shares:
- Work on the farm for 12 hours per 12 week season and get $50 off your 12 week CSA price
- Not only connect with the farm, but actually be a part of helping our farm run!
*Free tan and workout not included in the $50 discount (haha!)
There are limited spots available so first come first serve!
Whole Season (Spring & Fall):
Full Share=$720 Weekly= 24 weeks
Half Share= $360 Biweekly=12 weeks
Egg Share Optional Add on
Full Share=one dozen eggs each of the 12 weeks: $72
Half Share=one dozen eggs every other week totaling 6 weeks: $36
Honey: Members will be notified of pricing once sales are opened during the season
Pick Up Locations and Times
Method Road Community Center, 514 Method Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607, Tuesdays 1pm-3pm
Chickadee Farm, 980 McLemore Road Clayton,27520, Tuesdays 4pm-7pm
Ninja Cow Farm, 7125 Old Stage Rd, Raleigh, NC 27603, Wednesday 2pm-6pm
Person Street Bar, 805 N Person St, Raleigh, NC 27604, Thursdays 6pm-8pm
Clayton Farm & Community Market, 348 E Main St, Clayton, NC 27520, Saturdays 9am-1pm
The Whole CSA Package
- 24 weeks of our fresh flavorful vegetables Spring 12 weeks (April-June) & Fall 12 weeks (September-November). This includes a weekly share with 2-3 choices plus access to the swap table
- Certified Naturally Grown Produce: Just think organic practices without all of the paperwork
- A wide variety of veggies each week-– You’ll get a healthy mix of staples and artisanal veggies in each box. We do that on purpose because we know that you would never choose watermelon radishes on your own. But we’ve seen countless people who have expanded their tastes because we “forced them” to try someone new. And since we’re about changing the way people eat, this feature is a non-negotiable for us.
- You’re supporting a local business — You can know that 100% of your dollars are going right to our family to support us. I use your payment to support our family and farm expenses all year long.
- Add-Ons: Eggs and amazing Local Honey
- Access to the private Chickadee Farms Facebook group — A community of members all eating the same food each week, and supporting each other in the process.
- Training for how to eat our food — We believe this is a necessary piece of the puzzle in helping people learn how to eat our food. You’ll have access to tips and tricks on how to use up your share.
- Access to farm events and workshops. Because we know this helps you build a relationship with us. And you HAVE to come out and meet the chickens and ducks!
- Piece of mind that you are supporting your farmer, supporting a clean environment, putting your values into action and eating quality local seasonal produce!
Your Full Payment is Important to Us
But If You Need To Set Up A Payment Plan Let Us Know
Cash & Check, Credit*
*3% Fee applies to cover Credit fees
Mailing Address: 980 McLemore Road Clayton, NC 27520
Email us at email@example.com with any questions